Updated: Jan 20, 2019
Wim Hof, also known as The Iceman, is a Dutch extreme athlete noted for his ability to withstand extreme cold, which he attributes to his Wim Hof Method (WHM) breathing techniques. His method enlaces you to manipulate your central nervous system, increase your PH level of your body and boost your immune system and your energy level.
The method is based on three powerful pillars:
1. Cold Therapy: The cold is your warm friend and one of the three pillars of the wim hof method. Proper exposure to the cold starts a cascade of health benefits, including the buildup of brown adipose tissue and resultant fat loss, reduced inflammation that facilitates a fortified immune system, balanced hormone levels, improved sleep quality, and the production of endorphins— the feel-good chemicals in the brain that naturally elevate your mood.
2. Breathing: The second pillar of the wim hof method is breathing. We’re always breathing, yet we’re mostly unaware of its tremendous potential. Heightened oxygen levels hold a treasure trove of benefits, and the specialized breathing technique of the Wim Hof Method unearths them all: more energy, reduced stress levels, and an augmented immune response that swiftly deals with pathogens.
3. Commitment: The third pillar of the wim hof method is the foundation of the other two: both cold exposure and conscious breathing require patience and dedication in order to be fully mastered. Armed with focus and determination you are ready to explore and eventually master your own body and mind.
Why do I position this method in this web site?
Because Wim How method is so easy and effective to do and how story is so inspiring. His story shows us how we can go out of our comfort zone, break our limits and getting stringer both mentally and pshycally. Everybody has times where you don't feel yourself happy, where you have the feeling that you lose control in your live, where you feel depressed or need some new inspiration in live. Wim How had also hard times. He felt that he don't understand the world anymore, he loose all the control of his live when his wife decided to take her live without any hints before. Wim How is proving us that wen can handle pain and we can go out of our comfort zone and control our mind and body.
We will share with you our experiences in this journey and how we use the method in order to handle the cold better. Feel free to also share your experiences in this Blog.
Are you interested to the breathing method?
Here you can find a summary:
1. Controlled hyperventilation -The first phase involves 30 cycles of breathing. Each cycle goes as follows: take a powerful breath in, fully filling the lungs. Breathe out by passively releasing the breath, but not actively exhaling. Repeat this cycle at a steady rapid pace thirty times. Hof says that this form of hyperventilation may lead to tingling sensations or light-headedness.
2. Exhalation - After completion of the 30 cycles of controlled hyperventilation, take another deep breath in, and let it out completely. Hold the breath for as long as possible.
3. Breath retention - When strong urges to breathe occur, take a full deep breath in. Hold the breath for around 15 - 20 seconds and let it go. The body may experience a normal head-rush sensation.
These three phases may be repeated for three consecutive rounds
His video demonstrates us his inspirational story.